Xiaomi just announced QiCycle, its first folding electric bike at an event in China. This is developed under its new sub-brand Mi Ecosystem, which is also known as MIJIA.
It has patented longitudinal folding design so that the main beam is not folded and it can also be stored easily after folding. It has TMM torque sensing technology, so when you step on the pedal it will be able to know how much effort you give, and provides you appropriate power to ride the cycle comfortable. It uses 250W 36V high-speed motor so that you can even climb steep roads easily.
It has a smart meter that lets you set different riding needs. It has intelligent motion data monitoring to keep track speed, mileage, dynamic power and calorie burnt when riding. The data can be synced to a smartphone app via Bluetooth.
It uses Shimano gear shift with three modes – easy, standard and fast. This offers easy riding even if the bike runs out of charge.
It uses Panasonic’s 18650mAh lithium battery power with BMS battery management technology that combines twenty 208.8Wh batteries. The battery is built into the frame so that it can be replaced easily. The battery lasts up to 45km after a full charge.
It has a lightweight aluminum frame design so that it weighs just 13.5kg. It has been certified for European electric vehicle standard EN 15194 and has IPX5 rated for water resistance.
The Xiaomi QiCycle electric bike is priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 455 / Rs. 30695 approx.) and will be available for order in China starting from today through crowd funding.
- IDbike Torque Measurement Method (TMM) intelligently measures the torque you apply and adjusts power based on your pedaling
- Companion smartphone app displays in-depth info: bike status, GPS navigation, ride stats
- 250W, 36V High-Speed Motor – Panasonic 18650 20 x 2900mAh lithium-ion battery cells (same battery used by Tesla) with self-developed Battery Management System (BMS) that lets you go 45km on a single charge
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed gear hub
- Foldable and compactly lean at 14.5 kg with Carbon fibre material
- Provides real-time stats: speed, distance, power, dynamic power, calories consumed